The day of official thankfulness is nearly upon us! While we all can agree that gratitude is best exhibited all year long, there is something about this week that heightens our awareness of how good we really have it. This year I am thankful for the big, obvious things: my family, friends (new and old), our health, home and community.
This week I also tried to be mindful of and capture little things that I’m grateful for right at this moment in time. The list is random and certainly not all-inclusive, but important to me nonetheless…
* Thankful I have machines to do this for me.
* Thankful he can feed himself and does so with exuberance.
* Thankful for the beauty upwards…
… and down below.
* Thankful for her strong, long legs and attentive attitude.
* Thankful for a husband who understands the “if I cook, you clean” mantra,
and complies every night without complaint.
* Thankful that he can’t quite reach yet… and for how snuggly he is in footie pajamas.
* Thankful for small shoes tossed aside in favor of bare feet at home.
* Thankful for our unique approaches to parenting.
Mommy puts them to bed with books, Daddy puts them to bed with ChemLights.
They love both.
* Thankful that she still fits in my lap and wants to “read” to me.
I’m also thankful for you! Thanks for reading and joining in on our adventures… Now tell me, what are some small (or big) things you’re giving thanks for this year?